Tuesday 27 January 2015

Core removal

I am getting clogged up with marble here. I have spent the last few days drilling out the centre of this five ton block. I want to eventually make a ring form from it and will come back to it soon. In the meantime however I must get this block moved so that I can make way for a huge shipment that is due any day. As you can see, this block weighed 4.46 tons before the core was removed; too much for my machine! The marble is arriving from Portugal and will be unloaded with a Hiab on a lorry. There are a couple of blocks that will be immovable once they are put down and as such I am keen that they should be put in the right place.

The exhibition at Heligan is on hold, and I must now turn my attention to smaller works instead of these large sculptures for the landscape.

IMG_0312

No comments:

Post a Comment