Wednesday 2 January 2013

New year

My first day back at work after the Christmas break. I dragged myself outside into the drizzling rain rather later than usual feeling reluctant to start. Like going back to school. The new work is coming on nicely and I ended the day feeling much more enthusiastic than I started it. The new shelter kept the rain off me all day as intended and the sculpture is at a crucial point. The shape outside is the next thing to be formed. How much waist should it have? Will the lower half be bigger than the upper? Will there be a dip half way down the back? If so, how much? These crucial decisions must be made tomorrow. Shaping the outside is much quicker,of course, than the digging out of the inside which is so labour intensive and unpleasant with the dust kicking up into your face.

IMG_0218

No comments:

Post a Comment