Tuesday 11 December 2012

Digging out the inside

A very dusty day today removing stone from the middle of the new piece. Dusty because the stone dust and chips have nowhere to go but to fly up towards my face. I fitted the guard to the grinder which did help reduce the cloud a little. Before digging out the middle I reduced the size of the upper half of the ‘peanut’ in order to balance it. The two halves had been too similar in size and the whole thing looked too top heavy when stood upright. I worked on into darkness tonight by the light of a single lamp. I might get  portable light stand so that I can actually see what I am doing at this time of year past 4.30 in the afternoon. The picture shows me lifting the block with the block and tackle so that I can put the strap in the middle to lift the whole thing up. I was in the process of turning the sculpture upright to have a look at its proportions.

IMG_7159

No comments:

Post a Comment